I wanted to make a small guide with mod recommendations for those, which want to make Skyrim look like a 2015 game. This guide only covers visual mods.
- Skyrim Flora Overhaul
- Enhanced Landscapes + DynDOLOD (use optional SFO trees from EL in combination with Skyrim Flora Overhaul)
- while Enhanced Landscapes comes with it own grass plug-in, I'd also like to recommend Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin
- DynDOLOD - a distant LOD generation tool (needed for Enhanced Landscapes)
- either Expanded Towns and Citites or JK's Skyrim
- if you want to use both in combination you can use Stryker's Patches for JK's Skyrim and ETaC
- if you don't like ETaC or JK's Skyrim, I'd like to recommend Dawn of Skyrim - can be used with ETaC Modular or the standalone plug-ins of JK (Riverwood, Ivarstead etc...)
- others may like Arthmoors town enhancements: Ivarstead, Darkwater Crossing & Kynesgrove (not compatible with JK's nor ETaC).
- Fences of Skyrim (makes fences look way better as vanilla ones)
- Vivid Landscapes - Rocking Stones and Mountains Two (my favorite mountain/rock textures)
- Real Ice ALL-IN-ONE
- Vivid Clouds and Fogs (for better looking clouds and fogs)